2016 Reflection

I really don't know where the year went because it all happened so fast. January 2016, my best friend flow down from Montana to spend New Years with me in Oklahoma where I was living earlier this year with Goose. Those first few days of the year lead me to meeting people who I now call my close friends. I was working for Cummins in the parts department where I was very fortunate to be because Goose helped me get the job there. My sister is a field service writer there and put in a good word otherwise I would have never received the job because of my work background. Having all fish experience along with being a science educator does not really get you far within the mechanic world. I worked there until the end of April when I moved back to Wyoming to work for the Wyoming Game and Fish Department as a Fisheries and CWD Technician.

My time in Oklahoma was perfect and the friends that I made while I was there I still hold very close to my heart and think about them everyday. I also never thought that I would come out with a new solid found relationship with my sister. We would always fight back home and were never happy being around each other but what came of me living with her down there was life changing. I want you, Goose, to know that I miss you everyday and dragging you along with me to all of the adventures that presented themselves to us.
I moved back to Wyoming to gain more experience working with fish and wildlife and to be with the love of my life. I am not going to say that the move back and the rest of 2016 spent in Wyoming has been easy. That would be a lie and all of you who know me know that I am not good at that. I was able to create memorable moments sweating my ass off in waders trudging through bogs, swamps, and jumping streams with my fellow technicians to collecting lymph nodes from deer, elk, and moose at check stations. The highlight of my days working for WGFD were walking into the office each morning and greeting everyone with a hello. I want to thank the Fish Department for hiring me back on and to my CWD supervisor for teaching me how to make a traditional bow. Now I am working for Whisler Chevrolet as a sales consultant, never thought I would be selling vehicles and it is harder then it looks but it is fun.
This was my first year partaking in the hunting experience. I was able to go scouting with my boyfriend and his friend hiking 8 miles in and out, watched my boyfriend kill an antelope, and help him pack out his black bear hide. At the end of the season, I finally received my hunter's safety card and for Christmas I got my very own fly tying stand. 2017 will bring in the new experiences of me possibly hunting for myself and being able to handle my own fishing gear.
My boyfriend and I also did a lot of traveling to New Mexico and Montana to see our family and experience how each other grow up. 2017 will bring new experiences for us to go through whether they are fun, easy or hard, I am ready to take them all on. I want to thank everyone for helping me through 2016. I love you all and wish everyone of you a Happy New Year!








Comments