Birthday


This coming Monday, I will be turning 26 years old. I would have never imagined that I would be where I am today living here in Rock Springs, WY from growing up in Red Lodge, MT on a family ranch. I have finally found the person that I want to be with and I am learning how to be content with just the two of us. Sometimes I wish life lessons came easily but then how would that build character.

Going to school in a small town has its highs and lows from knowing almost everyone to knowing everyone, if you know what I mean. HAHA But I would not want to change it because I loved waking up every morning looking at the Rocky Mountain range and during the dark of night being able to see every single star. There is not too many places these days were you can look up into the sky and see the milky way.

After I graduated high school, I moved to Missoula, MT to attend the University of Montana to obtain a degree in Ecology and Organismal Biology. Those 5 years were the best years I have every had. I loved going to marching band practice, attending all my biology and fish classes, and hanging out with my friends every week. We would have the best times having Rock Band Parties and game nights to going out on the town to go dancing. My best friend and I would bar hop around to all of the different distilleries and celebrate holidays together at her parents house.
After college during the summer and fall of 2015, I got a job with Wyoming Game and Fish Department based in Green River, WY as a Fisheries and CWD Technician. Working for them was great and I was able to do it again in 2016. The fall of 2015 into 2016 was a roller coaster ride for me from breaking up with my ex to seeing AC/DC live in Los Angeles to moving to Oklahoma to live with my sister to moving back to Wyoming. The greatest part was forming a relationship with my sister that we have never had before. We never really got along with each other when we were growing up and never talked to each other when I went off to college. The five months that I lived with her I will never take back and I miss her everyday but I am truly happy that we can now talk almost everyday.

I chose to move back to Wyoming because I missed working with fish and wildlife and most importantly, I did not want to loss the person that I have now given my whole heart too. We may not be where we want to be right now but we have each other. For this next year, I want to work on my confidence, the battles that I struggle with inside of my head leading to me being happier, and to learn how to be a better girlfriend.

Thank you to everyone that has helped me in life and to know that I think about everyone of you almost every day. Hears to being 26!

Comments