Miss Universe 2016

I missed watching Miss Universe because I decided to watch the Pro Bowl, which was not as exciting. I don't know how many of you feel about these types of competitions. I know that I think it is a little weird when it comes to the really young ones. They are all dolled up in full makeup wearing a beautiful ballroom grown and then showing off their talent of choice. Now, I have never been to a competition myself and I have only watched Miss USA and Miss Universe so I don't really have room to talk but I can say what I think.

I always thought it was too much for the little ones. Like why have them wear "big girl" makeup and try to out compete each other with looks. Looks is what really messes with us humans and some of these include eating disorders, depression, suicide, and ever lasting mental scares. But, like what I said, I am only assuming this from looking from the outside in.

I believe as you get older in these competitions, they start to make sense. These ladies are putting themselves out there in their communities from volunteering to organizing activities to striving for more knowledge through education. I admire that for going out there and multitasking because that is not any easy job. I try to do that by writing this blog, being a member of Trout Unlimited and Muley Fanatics, selling vehicles, and keeping myself up to date with wildlife and aquatic changes. I wish I had more hours in the day to do all that plus be an awesome girlfriend and bigger sister.

It is entertaining listening to the short bios that the announcers read to the audience. Some just go to school for business, which can be hard, or stating that they have been to 12 different countries and like feeding monkeys at the zoo. It makes me laugh but I can't judge too much because I like going to the zoo and aquariums and interacting with all of the animals. I think it would be sweet to work at an aquarium because then I could go diving in all of the tanks and take care of all of the animals. But learning how to speak 4 languages is amazing! I can barely speak English and only a little Spanish. I wish schools had started us earlier in learning Spanish as our second language while our brains were capable of obtaining that knowledge. High school was too late for me and I am happy to hear that now Spanish is being taught at a younger age.

When ladies get to the point of being in Miss USA and being able to make it to Miss Universe, they have done more for everything then most of us combined. Deep down inside, I think it would be pretty cool to be in one of these beauty competitions just to say I have been. I do love having people know what I do, I really want to wear a beautiful gown and represent where I come from, and mostly learn from others who need my help. I can admit that I have a big heart and sometimes that is not good for me. But back to the contestants. I think the one thing that had me open up for to beauty competitions is the movie Miss Congeniality! Haha If you have never seen it, you are missing out.

Below I have listed who I would have chosen for each category. For national costume, I had to choose a few because there was a lot of amazing and beautiful ones. I don't think I would be able to pick a winner because that would take awhile to narrow it down. Miss USA was in the top 13.
The winner for Miss Universe 2016 was France!

Favorite Evening Gown: Costa Rica
Favorite Swimsuit: Czech Republic
Most Impressive Background: Sri Lanka
"Jayathi De Silva was born and raised in Colombo, Sri Lanka and then later moved to London, UK to do a BSc in Molecular Biology and Forensic Science and an MSc in Cancer Biology. She completed her studies and returned home to pursue a career in science and philanthropy. Currently, she works as a scientist, primarily focusing on cancer research and identifying genetic diseases. In her spare time she also models as she believes that it is important to have well-rounded experiences and broadening her creative horizons provides her with valuable perspective. Jayathi is a passionate activist and volunteers at the National Cancer Hospital in Sri Lanka. As Miss Universe Sri Lanka 2016 and a role model amongst her peers she is eager to raise awareness for palliative care for terminally ill cancer patients and to encourage young women to get into STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) fields as there is a global underrepresentation of women in these fields. One day, Jayathi, hopes to become a renowned cancer researcher, contribute towards finding a cure for cancer with her research and improve the quality of life for terminally ill patients." 

Best Bird National Costume: Argentina (National Bird)

Best Ocean National Costume: Australia (Great Barrier Reef)

Best Creative National Costume: Myanmar (Puppet Dance)
All pictures were copied from the link below, check it out for more information!

Comments