My 26th Birthday

My birthday started off working out at the gym like normal before going to work. At work, I made my daily calls and then happened to walk into the sales managers office at the right time. I was asked if I was doing anything and responded with a not really. This preceded to me finding the keys to a used GMC Denali Yukon and getting it ready for a costumer. Once the costumer had left with the vehicle, I asked my sales manager what the story was and he said,"a work in-progress." Oh okay so maybe he won't buy today but as the day went on it becomes for obvious that this customer was going to buy and I was going to be making the sale! Winning!

Then my boyfriend informs me that we need to be in Green River by 6:30 that evening. Confused, I asked him what was going on because some of the guys were going to be closing later then six when I get off work. So he told me that there was a surprise birthday party planned for me at a good friends of ours in the "Gravel Bar". I was pretty in shock about it because no other boyfriend or person really has ever done something like that for me. It is normally me planning everything and organizing because, lets be honest, I am a control freak. I was able to get off work right at six and show up to the house to get my boyfriend so that we can leave. I look at my spot on the counter and see that there is a birthday present laying there from him. He got me the most beautiful card that explains everything going on in our lives right now along with a fantastic fly fishing lanyard! I started to cry because it just shows me how much he is trying.

Moving on, so we get on the road to Green River and the snow storm rolls in. I go from driving 75 mph to 45 mph on the 30 mile difference between the two towns. Made it there safely but the semi traffic was crazy and everyone was not wanting to drive at all. Once inside our friends house, everyone yelled "SURPRISE" even though they all know I know at that point. HAHA Love them all so much. My boyfriend had bought me a German Chocolate Cake along with ice cream which we all eat along with having a relaxing evening.

Overall, I could have not asked for a better birthday. Went to dinner to eat at a hibachi bar on Sunday night with a movie and ice cream at home afterward to selling a vehicle and having a surprise birthday party on Monday. Thank you to everyone who wished me to have a great day and major props to my boyfriend.


Comments