Sunday Cooking

Tonight I bring to you another squash recipe. I love eating all types of squashes and trying out new recipes for ether myself or my boyfriend.
Some of you now might be wondering what to do with your left over ham and stuffing that is just sitting in your freezer from Thanksgiving and Christmas. Well, I have one solution for you: stuff a squash with it.
Tonight I used a Carnival Squash which has pretty much the same taste as an acorn squash, just a different color pattern. I was just walking through Smith's Grocery one morning looking for my week deals and discounts on vegetables and found a whole cart full of reduced price Carnival Squash. Winning!!

Stuffed Carnival Squash with ham and stuffing

Ingredients

  • 1 Carnival squash
  • Italian seasoning
  • Seasoning salt
  • Sea salt and pepper
  • Olive oil
  • 3/4 cup chopped Ham
  • 3/4 cup Stuffing
  • Beaver Deli Mustard or any Deli Mustard you have 
  • shredded Mozzarella cheese
Directions
  • Preheat oven to 400 degrees
  • Slice Carnival squash in half and remove seeds
  • Brush the inside of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle desired amount of seasoning on the insides
  • Place squash open side up in a baking dish and cover bottom with water until it goes up the sides of the container, bake for 1 hour
  • Meanwhile, mix chopped ham and stuffing together in a small bowl and add desired amount of deli mustard to the mixture, mix all together
  • Remove squash from oven and turn temperature to 375 degress
  • Fill each half with the mixture and sprinkle cheese on top, place back in oven for 15 minutes
My boyfriend and I were super happy that it tasted amazing! I would definitely do this again and maybe try filling it with leftover turkey. Remember, don't be afraid to try new things just because they look scary. Happy New Year!
In the picture is also some stuffed mushrooms that I found this morning at Smith's Grocery at a reduced price. 

Comments