Sunday Cookings

I have been really excited to use my Veggie Spiralizer from Pampered Chef since I got it a few weeks ago. Since I don't eat noodles, I decided to get it and the really cool part is the spiralizer can make three different types of noodles: ribbon, spaghetti, and fettuccine.
My first vegetable that I decided to use was a butternut squash and spiralize it into fettuccine noodles. In order to make the noodles you first need to cut the butternut squash to four inch long halves and then use a potato peeler to peel the skin. From there you are about to put it onto the spiralize and start turning. The one trick that worked the best was to make sure you bottoms are flat and at the same angle. Otherwise the spiralizer is not able to grip onto the squash.
After I finished spiralizing all of the butternut squash, I placed the noodles onto my large pizza stone and covered them with oil and steak seasoning. Once I finished tossing the noodles with my hands, I spread the squash out and placed it in the oven to bake. Wow! They turned out great and had a crispy yet noodle like texture that you would normally get from pasta. Since my boyfriend was not around, I will have to get his opinion when I make them again. 

For topping your veggie noodles, you can do what you normally use. I decided to cook up some fish and top the noodles with Italian tomato sauce and cheese.  This dish is healthy and filling so it won't leave you thinking that you need more of something else. 
Butternut Squash Noodles

Ingredients
  • Butternut Squash, peeled and spiralized
  • Olive Oil
  • Seasoning of choose
  • Toppings: tomato sauce, meat, and cheese
Directions
  1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees
  2. Slice butternut squash into 4 inch long pieces and peel
  3. Place butternut squash into veggie spiralizer and make noodles
  4. Toss noodles with oil and seasoning, spread out on a baking sheet or cooking stone
  5. Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until slightly browned
  6. Toss with sauce, meat, cheese or whatever else you would like
  7. Enjoy



Comments