Fishing Flaming Gorge Reservoir

Saturday March 25th was a long evening volunteering for the Southwest Chapter Muley Fanatic Foundation. I have been attending meetings and collecting donations since December for the annual banquet to fundraise for conserving Mule Deer in the Southwest part of Wyoming. Most of you know that I have helped capture and collar adult and fawns south of Rock Springs to track their movement. The banquet's theme this year was Steamboat, which is the mascot for the University of Wyoming Cowboys. My task during the evening was to raffle off the custom corn hole board game that I was able to get donated from Unique Signs and Designs. I won't know the official numbers until this evening but we had about 500 people attend and we were able to raise more money then the past three years. The banquet started at 4 pm and ended at 10 pm while us volunteers were able to finish cleaning up by midnight.
On Sunday, I was able to go out and enjoy some spin rod fishing on Flaming Gorge with my boyfriend. He almost left me because he did not bother to ask me if I wanted to go and I had just got back from the gym. Luckily I was able to go after I got ready really fast. I was very happy that he did because I have been wanting to do something with him and have been needing to restock our fish count in the freezer.
We headed out towards Anvil Draw to find a hole that did not have too much wind impact. The first spot we went to was a little too chilly and the water level was too shallow. I was able to catch a very nice Rainbow Trout while we were there that I decided to keep. From there we went to one more hole and I did the best fishing that I have done in a long time. All I was using all day was a gold and green duper lure. My total count for the day was six Rainbow Trout and two Colorado Cutthroat Trout. 
After we finished fishing for the day, we headed to have dinner at Don Padros in Green River for some amazing Mexican food. I ordered the Siete Mares Soup and he got the Chicken Taquitos. Yes, my soup had 7 different seafood species and it was amazing! Definitely will have to go there again since the food was perfect and the restaurant was beautiful.
Also that evening, I took on the challenge of using my 3D Pen to create a Pinguin!

Comments