Easter Week

My last day working at Whisler was April 10th, just a week ago. It was not that hard leaving because it is not like I am moving away from Rock Springs so I will still be able to hangout with the people that work there.
Once I found out that Monday was going to be my last day, I told my boyfriend that I was going to leave the next day to head down to New Mexico to see his family for Easter. Tuesday morning I headed out and made to his sisters by late afternoon and was able to spend time with her and the kiddos. My boyfriend was not leaving until very early the next morning and I had to be back Saturday since I was volunteering for another banquet. On Tuesday, I went to the gym and tried out a crazy machine that is called Jacob's Ladder. The higher you climb on the rotating belt, it moves faster. It was like crawling as a four legged animal but much easier making me want it for our gym back home. After that the sister, kids, and I went to the mall to do a little shopping before the boyfriend arrived in town. The afternoon was spent at his parents house playing with the kids and catching up.

On Thursday, his sister and I had a girls day out. We went to a place called St.Clair's Winery and Bistro. The wine and food were spectacular! We both had the grilled salmon and shared the spinach artichoke dip. I had two different types of wine: D.H. Lescombes Imperial Kir ( sweet + bubbly + crisp + juicy raspberries + light melon) and St.Clair Mimbres Pink ( sweet + strawberry + pomegranate + cherry + orange blossom). Next time that we go their for a girls get together, I will have to get a bottle of something. Later that evening, my boyfriend and I went to Three Rivers Brewery and had a beer before heading to dinner with his parents. That whole day, him and his father had been laying down wood tile floor so both were in need to a good meal at Texas Roadhouse. I love going there just to eat the shelled peanuts and have a small salad.

Friday morning came around meaning that I had to head back to Wyoming. It was a really long drive and I could not wait to get back to have dinner at Coyote Creek before hanging out with my friends from Whisler. At Coyote Creek, I ordered the grilled bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers with the grilled scallop special. I am in love with those poppers that I might just order them for dinner next time and the heat from them was just right, spicy enough that you could still eat them. After that, my evening consisted of good times with karaoke and dancing.

Once Saturday afternoon rolled around, I found myself once again at the Sweetwater Events Complex volunteering for another banquet. This time it was for Ducks Unlimited and I was in charge of running the silent auction items. Even thought this banquet was slower paced then the other, I still had the same amount of fun.

I had boiled my Easter Eggs earlier in the day and tried something new in how I dyed them: rolling them through shaving cream covered in food coloring. When I got home from the banquet, I removed the shaving to reveal their beautiful colors. It was really easy to do and definitely would do it again that way.

Sunday while I waited for my boyfriend to get home, I went and drove around Seedskadee National Refuge and over the Wild Horse Loop right out of Rock Springs. It was a gourgous day but I did not see too much wildlife and only one horse. Once I returned home, I decided to set up my tent and sleeping pad that I had ordered from a website called Steep and Cheap.

I can't wait for this field work to begin with Great Basin Institute and BLM working around Kemmerer and Pinedale, WY as an Aquatic Monitoring Technician! Everything is going to be very new to me so I do not know the details yet but I start sometime in early May and go until the end of September.



Comments