My time selling vehicles.


Today was my last day being a sales consultant at Whisler Chevrolet and Cadillac.
My first day back on December 1st, 2016 was the beginning of an exciting yet stressful change. I went from collecting lymph nodes to dressing up nice everyday trying to make a living off of commission. Everyone around me believed that I could do a good job and be able to sell vehicles also because I had the aspect of being a women behind me. Yes I was able to use that to my benefit. LOL
The first couple weeks was going through all the training videos on learning how to communicate with people, product knowledge, and being able to manage my time. From there, I was pretty much set free in a field full of sharks seeking out their next "victim". I just want to clarify first off that Whisler is not like the other dealerships around here that I heard horror stories from almost everyday. But it did sometimes feel like I was hustling it. HA Never thought I was use that term other than singing a song. "Everyday I'm hustling, everyday I'm hustling hustling!"

My first vehicle that I sold was a very nice used GMC Sierra 1500 to a new mother who I would say is living the dream being a stay at home mom while her husband owns his own welding business. The second one that I sold in December was to a used car sells man down in Texas who had is very interesting friend come and pick up the 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV. I was down in New Mexico at the time of the transaction but I guess the guy was washing his body in our sink in the bathroom. Bahaha People are crazy! The last vehicle that I sold that month was a used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse.
For the month of January, I had one of my favorite sales because I sold a used 2015 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 to the Green River Game and Fish head supervisor. It was a pressure getting him and his wife into this truck because they have never bought something so new and they were able to feel comfortable dealing with me. The rest of January consisted for selling a new 2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500, new 2016 Chevrolet Colorado, used 2016 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 to a couple in Illinois, and a used 2009 GMC Yukon Denali.
February I sold a new 2017 Chevrolet Traverse, used 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe to a lovely elderly couple from Green River, used 2015 Ford Super Duty F-250, new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 that was blue, new 2017 Chevrolet Colorado, used 2015 KIA Optima, new 2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500. The reason that I said blue for that one truck is because this older gentlemen told me he will buy any color as long as it is blue.

March brought along a used 2010 Toyota Tundra, used 2014 Dodge Ram 1500, new 2016 Chevrolet Cruze, used 2013 Cadillac XTS, used 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 Diesel, used 2010 Chevrolet Traverse to a family where their little kids hugged me the whole time, and a new 2017 Cadillac XT5. The Cruze was a very long and complicated process but was very rewarding in the end. This gal has three kids, a grandfather in the hospital, and was trying to consolidate her expenses by moving in with her mother. With help, I was able to get her and her mother into one vehicle and out of two different payments on two other vehicles. They left with one and I received two. The most rewarding part was knowing how grateful they were because no other dealership in town want to go through that battle and she brought all of us ice cream.

The Cadillac XT5 was my other vehicle that my customer had specifically ordered. Normally it takes eight weeks for it to get built and arrive at the dealership but it only took his six weeks. Very nice gentlemen and was grateful that I was able to get that phone call.

My last week at Whisler's, I sold a new 2017 Chevrolet Malibu, used 2012 GMC Yukon XL, used 2011 Cadillac Escalade, and used 2006 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500 Diesel.

For the time that I worked there, Whisler was going through a lot of chances and I somehow made it through it. There was a few days were I cried the whole time but in the end it helped me realize that I needed to work on. Yes, I did not like it but I needed it for the most part. After all of this, I truly respect the people that I worked with. Us sales consultants become psychologist when it comes to selling a vehicle because people know how to work you and I had never imagined people would be so crude. All of my customers were great though and I feel like I am lucky for that. I am going to miss talking to them whenever they come in to get work down and everyone that I worked with. While working there you pretty much become a family because if you leave you could miss a sale and we all worked together but you also had to make sure you had your own back. Things can happen pretty fast if your customers don't act soon enough and there goes your pay for the week.
If any of them read this, I want to thank you all for bringing me in and teaching me all that you know. I could have not done it if I was all by myself. Don't worry about not seeing me because I will keep in touch.

Comments