Traveling Across MT Before The New Job



On Thursday April 18th, I was sitting at home bored out of my mind waiting for Friday to roll around so I could go to Missoula to visit my best friend before I start working for GBI when I thought to myself that I should go surprise my parents. After talking to my boyfriend at the dinner table that night, it was obvious that it was a good idea and definitely should be done. So that night I packed my bags for the long weekend consisting of warm clothing because whenever I do travel it likes to snow or rain.
Wednesday morning, I woke up like normal by going to the gym and finished packing my vehicle before leaving to Red Lodge. The travel was nice the entire way and I made it there by mid-afternoon. When I pulled up to my parents house on the ranch, Kora and Spur were barking at me like normal before calming down after realizing who was at the door. While petting my baby girl, Kora, mom walks around the corner and laughs saying, "you little shit!" Needless to say she was really surprised. While waiting for dad to get back into town from taking an older cow to Billings, we decided to go to the Pollard Pub to have appetizers and drinks. My second mother was able to meet us down there also so it was nice to be able to talk in a quiet environment. It became later so I decided to call dad and figure out where he was. He called me back after stopping in Roberts and was a little upset that I did not tell him that I was in town. He said he would have been in town two hours earlier if he had known but I had to remind him what a surprise was. Haha!

Thursday afternoon, we went and ran some errands before stopping at the Blue Ribbon Bar and Silver Strike bullshit with the local crowd. I was able to talk to people that I had not seen in awhile and tell them about who I will be working for during the summer. While we were at the Silver Strike, I texted a couple of my friends to see what shot I should make mom and I do. Cherry bomb was the one she chose so I had dad take pictures. It was pretty hilarious! Once we got back home, I made them a ground beef stir-fry that turned out to be really good.
On Friday morning, it had started snowing during the night and by the time I left at 9 am it was up to my mid-calf! But the snow was not going to stop my from seeing my best friend. The roads were pretty interesting leaving Red Lodge until about 30 miles out, there was no snow! Have to love elevation changes and the state of Montana. Needless to say, the rest of the way was just a little raining while being mostly clear.

Once I got into Missoula, it felt like home. I know where I was going but definitely forgot about what it was like to be in traffic even though it does not compare to OKC. The "M" was green, the trees were beautiful and flowers were blooming, the smell of the air was so clean, and the Clark Fork River looked as good as ever. I made it to my friends house by mid-afternoon and we hashed out what the plan was for the night. We decided to go to The Iron Horse for dinner and drinks because it is all good there. It was kind of weird though being back in a college town because you could tell who was still all in school and, lets face it, I was not use to being around so many people again. Haha

After the Iron Horse, we went to have a cocktail and wine from The Plonk because my friend has never been there. Then we meet up with some of my fishery friends that I took classes with at the Thomas Meagher Bar. After that I decided to call it a day because I was tired from all the traveling that I have been doing.


Saturday, I had some shopping that I needed to go like get my oil changed, rain gear, and hiking socks. The goal for the day was to get ice cream from Sweet Peaks and once we did it was fantastic! They make their own ice cream that have crazy combinations and waffle cones. I got their new Frosted Animal Cookies and Gravel Road ice cream in a waffle cone.




That evening, I decided to not go out on the town because I was just so dead which is not like me. But my friends family was having a small get together and played some virtual reality! I was in a hunted house and I could not finish it.

On Sunday, I have been wanting to go to the Montana Distillery and have their Bloody Mary Bar because I just drool over the pictures that I see on their Instagram and Facebook page. It was incredible to pick out what type of vodka that I wanted to use and the food items to go with it. After that we went to the Lolo Peak Brewery which just opened up recently and the building was all log and very well put together and the beer was great.

That evening, my friend and I finished my time in Missoula by hiking up the "M Trail." I miss doing that every week when I lived there while taking Kora up it. I can't wait to be able to come back and hopefully my boyfriend will be able to come and experience the place that changed me.


Comments