Lander Brewfest!

By far the best brewfest that I have ever been to is the one in Lander, WY. This was Mike and I's second year attending the Saturday afternoon day. I am pretty sure that this one will always be on the books as a must go to every year.
The brewfest in Lander is a two day event where they have it Friday evening and Saturday afternoon. Next year I think that I would like to go for both days because it is very hard to make it to all of the breweries that attend. This year there was 22 different breweries and Dust Cutter Lemonade. Which if anyone knows me, I know Dust Cutter from living in Oklahoma with my sister. We became friends with one of the co-owners through a close friend of ours. The company is based out of Jackson, WY and it comes in a tin can with a screw on lid; goes amazing with brewed beer and vodka!
Anyways, Mike and I just drove up Saturday morning with Max to set up our tent there in the park and meet up with all of our friends that went. My best friend and her boyfriend were able to make it again so it was nice being able to hangout and caught up a little. It is pretty much the only time we are able to find time to do it and I will take it over not being able too. The party started at 2 pm and went till 7 pm with live music and amazing weather. Mike and I bought the pint glasses for the festival. My friend Kate from the Rawlins AIM crew was there with other BLM technicians that she had brought. I spent my time bouncing back and forth between Mike and I friends to them. Kee and I played cornhole against Mike and some random guy and we lost. But I was able to get two in the hole in a row!

I was only able to made it though half of the breweries before it came to a close. Mike was about to pass out so I took and put him to bed while the rest of us waiting for it to get a little later to walk down to the bars. Alana and I ended up separating while running to find bathrooms to use so I lost track of them until in the morning. I found myself at the Lander Bar with Kee, Kate, and all of the other gang and hung out with them. We ended up walking to another bar to play pool and do some country dancing to the live band. I was getting really tired so Kee and I walked back to the park.
In the morning, I definantly did not get enough sleep but Mike and my friends went to eat at Cowfish. I had huevos rancheros which were amazing and everything there was really nice. Once we made it back home, I spent the rest of the day packing for the work week. Overall, the weekend was amazing and you could have not asked for better weather or better people to be around.

Comments