Sunday Cooking

Since my boyfriend has left for his time off for Christmas, I did not cook anything new tonight but on Wednesday I told you all I would post the recipe for the acorn squash. I have only used acorn squash one other time two Thanksgiving's ago when I sliced it and baked it with parmesan cheese. This time I did two different things: one with brown sugar and another with a baked egg. My boyfriend wanted his half to be more of a dessert and my half was a meal. The hard part about these was waiting for the squash to bake in the oven for an hour. Which comes along with baking any type of squash in the oven.


Brown Sugar Acorn Squash

  • 1/2 Acorn Squash
  • 1 tbsp Brown Sugar
  • Black Pepper and Salt to taste 
  • 1 tbsp Maple Syrup 
  • 1 tbsp butter, melted
      • Directions: preheat oven to 400 degrees, remove seeds from squash, mix together other ingredients in a small bowl and spread all over the inside and edges of the acorn squash. Place in oven for 1 hour. 
Baked Egg in Acorn Squash

  • Olive oil
  • Desired herb seasonings and whatever other spices you would like to use
  • Black Pepper and Salt to taste 
      • Directions: preheat oven to 400 degrees, remove seeds from squash, rub olive oil all over the inside and edges of squash, sprinkle with desired seasonings. Bake in oven for ~50 minutes. Remove from oven and crack an egg in the center, place back into the oven until the egg is they way you want it cooked. You can also sprinkle it with bacon pieces when you put the egg in the acorn squash. 
Both recipes were really good and don't feel afraid to try something different. Cheers

Comments