Favorite Memory on WY Public Lands

I shared this on the Seedskadee Chapter #533 of Trout Unlimited Facebook page and feel like I need to put it here. I had commented to one of their posts that asked everyone to share a memory that they have made while on Wyoming Public Lands. This post is leading up to the Jan. 19th Pint Night in Green River, WY discussing the Public Lands bill that I talked briefly on last week. 


"One of my favorite memories was landing my first fish on my fly rod while fishing on the Green River during the fall of 2015. It was during the Kokanee spawn when all of them were actively creating reds. I remember not knowing what to do after I had the hook set. With the help from a couple of my avid fly fishing friends, I was able to reel it in successfully and release it after a few photos. Before I had a bite, I had almost given up because nothing was showing interest but I kept working on it to figure out my casting. It was a spectacular experience."

Feel free to comment below with one of your favorite memories while on public lands, ether here in the state of Wyoming or elsewhere. 

Comments