Sunday Cooking

Sunday Cooking

I was trying to figure out what to cook today that involved zucchini. I had forgotten that I had bought a lot of zucchini the other day at the store and figured that I should try something new. I was scrolling through my Pinterest feed and came across a recipe called "Panda Express Mushroom Chicken" that had zucchini in it. I did not have any mushrooms but I did have some carrots to use. This recipe involved almost everything that was in my Cashew Chicken. Once again, another recipe in the books that I will have to make again since my boyfriend liked it a lot.



Chinese Chicken with Zucchini and Carrots

Serving Size: 4

Ingredients

  • 1 cup Brown Rice
  • 1 lbs Chicken Breast Boneless Skinless, cut into bite sized pieces 
  • 3 tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1 tbsp Oil
  • 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
  • 12 inch long Carrot, cut in half and slice into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1 medium Zucchini, cut in half and slice into 1/2 inch pieces
  • 1/4 cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
  • 1 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
  • 2 tsp Sugar
  • 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
  • 1/2 tsp Ground Ginger or 2 tsp minced Ginger

Instructions
  • Prepare Brown Rice and cook as the instructions say
  • Toss Chicken with Cornstarch in a Ziplock bag
  • Heat Oil and Sesame Oil in a wok
  • Add Chicken and cook on medium high until browned on both sides
  • Remove Chicken from wok and turn temperature to high
  • Add Carrots and Zucchini to wok, cook until they start to brown
  • Add Garlic and Ginger, stir for 30 seconds
  • Cook for 2-3 minutes to allow vegetables to soften
  • Add Chicken back to wok and stir
  • Add Soy Sauce, Sugar and Rice Wine Vinegar, stir
  • Serve with Brown Rice
While this was going on, I made myself a different dish that did not involve rice because you all know that I avoid carbs meaning that I use vegetables instead. 

Sesame Ginger Zucchini with Carrots



Serving Size: 1
 

Ingredients
  • 1 medium Zucchini, ribboned 
  • 6 inch Carrot, ribboned
  • 1/2 cup frozen unshelled Edamame, defrosted 
  • 1 tbsp Oil
  • 1 tbsp Sesame Ginger Dressing
  • 1/2 tbsp Asian Chill Garlic Sauce, optional
  • 1 tsp Sesame Seeds
Instructions 
  • Spiralize Zucchini and Carrots
  • Heat pan to medium-high with Oil
  • Add Zucchini, Carrots and Edamame to pan, stir and cover to cook for a few minutes to warm 
  • Add Sesame Ginger Dressing and Asian Chill Garlic Sauce to pan, stir to combine
  • Sprinkle with Sesame Seeds and enjoy 

Comments