Selling a Vehicle is like Landing a Fish

This morning, my place of work had a meeting about how to get our customers to commit to buying a vehicle. Of course there is many things such as making sure they like you, selecting their dream vehicle from knowing their wants and needs, getting them to do a test drive, and the list goes on. The one thing that stuck out to me the most was the analogy to fishing.

You all are probably thinking, "Oh here we go, a car sales person who thinks they know anything about fishing." Humorous but they do have a life sometimes away from the dealership. But in a major way fishing is just like selling a vehicle. Now think to yourself, how many ways is there to fish? You can fly fish, use a spin rod, set a trap or net if allowed, use down riggers, go troweling, shore fish, deep sea fishing, and et cetera. My job is to figure out what kind of fishing the costumer likes to do and then learn about what type of gear or bait they like. From the vehicles end that involves asking if they want heated seats, dual climate zone, color of exterior/interior, cloth or leather, and how many safety features or controls they would like. For trucks you learn if they want a crew cab or double cab, gas or diesel, Z71 package, short/regular/long box, steps, and what type of trim model. All of these also apply to cars and SUVs and asking them how many people they plan on driving around.

These questions relate to fishing when it came to me picking out different fly tying material the other day when I went to Sportsman's Warehouse with my boyfriend. I had him point out all the different types of feathers, thread, hooks, sequence, and beads needed for making just three different types of flies. My goal was to make San Juan worms, nymphs, and Wooly Worms. I posted the results from my successful trip to the store after attending Seedskadee's TU Women's Fly Tying night. Without his knowledge and willingness to work with me, I would have walked away. Same for selling a vehicle and the nice thing about it is if I don't know the answer, I certainly will figure it out for you.

Once a customer finds the right bait, the next step is to use it. That means you are going to want to test drive the vehicle because if you don't know how it is going to work then you need to figure out if the fish will bite on. If the customer likes it, the sells person knows we have you hooked to your dream vehicle leading you in to land it onshore. Landing a fish equals a happy customer and they are going to leave with their dream vehicle and show their trophy off to all of their friends and family.

My goal is to work on all of those things that I just listed above. I want to help you and want you to help me in anyway so both of us can leave with a warm heart and excitement. Not all of them with commit that easily and that just leads me to learn how good of a fisherman do I need to be?
Hope you all enjoyed this blog because I truly am happy to have this in the back of my head.

Comments