Sunday Cooking


Who here does not like the sound of Coconuts? I know I don't and I mostly think of them when I think of some kind of alcohol drink to have for the evening whenever I go out. And if I think a little harder, it reminds me of Pina Coladas and Coconut Shrimp sitting in a lawn chair on the beach in Cabo San Lucas. HAHA And then if I think back in time a little longer, it reminds me of Costa Rica when our volunteer group learned how to split an coconut in half and shave it for a dessert. That was pretty entertaining to watch because I don't have the greatest hand-eye-coordination and I am slamming a coconut over a wooden carved stake. Nothing to worry about because I did not hurt myself and no one else around me which is winning on all levels.


But for today, I made Crispy Coconut Chicken. It tasted sweet and juicy and just like chicken. 😉

Crispy Coconut Chicken
Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup Corn Starch
  • 1/8 tsp Pepper
  • 1/4 tsp Salt
  • 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
  • 3 Eggs, beaten
  • 3-4 cup Sweet Coconut Flakes
  • 3-4 medium Chicken Breast, cut into bite sized pieces
Directions
  • Pre-heat oven to 400 and cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
  • Slice chicken breast into pieces
  • In one bowl mix dry ingredients: corn starch, pepper, salt and cayenne pepper
  • In second bowl, beat eggs
  • In third bowl add coconut flakes
  • Add chicken a few pieces at a time: bowl 1 then bowl 2 then bowl 3 and place onto parchment paper 
  • Bake for 15 minutes. Take out of oven to turn chicken pieces. Bake for an additional 10 minutes
  • Optional: heat pan to med-high and add oil. Fry chicken pieces for 15 minutes and turning halfway through. 
I would pair this recipe with a mango dipping sauce. Shout out to one of my coworkers at Whisler for sharing this recipe with me.  

Comments