Seaquest Interactive Aquarium

This week, my boyfriend surprised me by taking me to the SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium in Layton, UT!! We had to go to Utah for some doctor visits so I was expecting to only go out to lunch, do a little shopping then head on over. I had to make a stop at Best Buy because a few days prior, I somehow cracked the screen on my FitBit and since I have warranty it allows me to replace it for free!! It takes about three hours to get to the Salt Lake area so by the time I was done there, it was lunch. We made our way to Olive Garden but then he changed his mind at the last second because he saw that Buffalo Wild Wings was just right across the street. I ordered the Mediterranean Salad with an alcoholic drink consisting of Apply Pie Moonshine and other things.

Once we were done with lunch, my boyfriend stated while we were right next to a mall he might as well as look for pants because he really does need some new ones. While we were walking through the mall, I was randomly talking about something when all of a sudden I saw right around the conner that there was the aquarium. I even remember whispering with excitement saying, "And oh my god! There is an aquarium over there!" My boyfriend laughed at me and said, "Well that is why we are here." I could not believe it! I have been talking about this place since it has opened up like a couple months ago and now it was within my grasp.
We walked in and paid our admission and received some food tokens to feed the creatures. Apparently at this aquarium, the creatures do not have a set feeding time and that it is up to the guests. That right there is very cool!

We walked in saw some freshwater fish and the next thing I know was being in a room with multiple Iguanas. I remember the times going to Mexico and my mother always loving to receive pictures with them even when they decide to shit on her shoulder. I know better not to hold onto them because of that reason. After that I found myself staring at a tank that had an Octopus in it. The cephalopod was hiding under a rock formation so it was hard to see but I was able to see it moving around its tentacles!! Any species in the Cephalopod group are my favorites and can't wait for the day that I finally can get one tattooed on my back.

After that, I picked up some fish food at a feeding station to, you got it, feed the fat Rainbow Trouts. Seeing trout species in tanks crack me up because of how large their stomachs get from gorging on food all day. Kind of looks like a beer belly.

To top off this whole experience was when we made it to the Stingray tank. We were able to feed them Krill and pieces of Silverside fish. The best part happened when I had a Krill in the water and a smaller Stingray came up and sucked my finger into his mouth. LOL It was so cool! I really want to go back there so I can just feed them all day and possibly swim into the tank with them and to do the fish pedicure. I don't know if many of you know this but there is spas out there where Doctor Fish (Garra rufa) eat the dead skin off of your feet! It maybe terrifying to most of you but this species is only about three inches long. I dare you, try it.

Overall, it was a small aquarium but the experience is totally worth it and the wristband that you receive in the beginning will allow you to come back and get any as may times as you want during the day. So you could go shopping in the mall and come back later for more hands on fun.
SeaQuest Interactive Aquarium

Comments